About Me

My photo
Live in a small town with my family and my wonderful husband. Just living life as it is right now.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boo on them!



Well they finally announced the top 10 couples for the Southern California Dream Wedding and Allen and I apparently didn't make the cut. I say Boo on them!!! But it's cool I mean good for the other couples. Plus I was starting to have second thoughts on the contest after I read some of the terms of agreement. Seeing as it is a contest the winners have to pay tax on every free item they win. Which was a lot. and the other thing was Allen and I weren't really getting our hopes up so we had already started planing as a plan B. But plan B was starting to sound better than the contest. Sure having everything paid for would have been nice but was it really paid for with all the tax? And we would have been limited to only the vendors they provided. We already started customizing and planing what we liked and wanted and we wouldn't have been able to do that with this contest. So all in all guess it's not too much of a loss. My mom did find another contest that is at Wedgewood Golf Club in Sterling Hills Camarillo. I looked it over and almost entered but it was too similar to the other contest and Allen and I decided to just keep planning on our own. We already have some custom shoes ordered and decided on a color scheme for the wedding. And are still working out who will be in the wedding party. I think it will be more special sense we worked for it and planed it to what we like than just having the whole thing handed to us. It may just take a little longer because we have to use our own money. We are both still very excited :D

No comments:

Post a Comment