About Me

My photo
Live in a small town with my family and my wonderful husband. Just living life as it is right now.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Jobs and Babies

Well it's been a while. Still no luck on the job front for Allen and I. Especially because I can't find any legit websites with job postings!!! Craigslist sucks now because it's nothing but scammers. I posted my resume on career builder.com and Monster.com and all I get from them are scam e mails. I got one call from a potential employer interested in me. And it turns out they are a pyramid scheme. Now I have to call and pretend I took another job somewhere so I don't have to deal with them. I check the news paper and so does my mom and there really isn't much if anything. It's really stinks. We want so bad to be stable financially so we can move out and start a family. Yes we actually have been talking about babies. I have been watching a lot of TLC and recently a great friend of mine found out she is pregnant. Plus it just seems like there are a lot of people around me who are. Or have kids already. And I think my biological clock finally switched on. I have had baby fever lately. It's calmed down a bit. But it made me a little weird lol I had a stomach bug and I secretly wished it was because I was prego. Allen admitted later he did too hahah but we both agree we need to be a little further in life than both unemployed and living with my parents before having kids. Part of me is still scared at the idea. I have always fear child birth. And never looked forward to morning sickness. But it wasn't until I watched Allen's sister and a few other people go through a pregnancy that I noticed it's not always a crazy puke fest. His sister never even vomited and she rarely felt sick. And she had twins! I think I need to research to understand it all better. I just hated it when people would say well its so worth it because you have this precious gift when it's all over. Ok but you have to go through all kinds of crazy body changes, Morning sickness, not to mention a crazy painful labor and birth. Am I crazy for not finding that too appealing? lol But it started changing when I kept thinking what would Allen and my kids look like. And then we spent time with our baby nieces and you just can't help but love the feeling of holding and caring for this little person. Ahhhg! hahaha It will happen some day. I am just worried that by the time we can I will be older than I want to be while starting a family. In the mean time first step is finding a decent job. Which is not too easy to come by these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment